"Everything baroque, everything classical, is much more difficult to play than a piece like this”, “… Mippy II, you can play it as you want. You can play a bit of jazz, you can play a bit of classical, you can play it the way you want." Jacques Mauger
The master class is devoted to comprehending some non-classical techniques and the methods of
sound production, creating a vivid image indicated in the title of the piece. The need for a creative
approach in the search for sound creation techniques and the use of some jazz elements is
emphasized. The master explains how to achieve a non-boosted sound and the desired sound timbre
by breathing and changing the position.
- How to be creative in performance.
- To feel the composer’s idea.
- To visualize the picture of the piece's topic.
- To improve the non-classical sound production.
- To make the sound more “round and soft”.