"If there is a connection between the trombone, vocal technique and the mouthpiece. The placement of the tongue, the placement of the air, all that, the resonance." Jacques Mauger
This master class is devoted to considering the problems of structuring dynamics, the projection of
singing techniques on instrumental sound production, and the features of the trombone.
The psychological side of the performance and the problem of relieving stress before the
performance are also touched upon. Attention is paid to the stability of intonation and methods of
achieving it. Approaches to articulation are being corrected.
The role of correct and controlled breathing is emphasized, which makes it possible to control sound
production and change in sound.
- To consider macro and micro-dynamic of the piece.
- To relax the muscles for free creative performance.
- To sing the melody in mind and to play it on the instrument accordingly.
- To use resonant features and specifics of the trombone.
- To control breathing and to manage the airflow.