"Don't forget to play the decrescendo where you go to a high note." Jacques Mauger
The Trombone Concerto by Launy Groendahl is one of the most frequently performed pieces, so
many trombonists improve their skills by playing it. The master class helps to improve features like
reading the composer's intention and interpret the images of the work.
Much attention is paid to the expressiveness of the melodic line, the accuracy of articulation.
Recommendations are given on certain aspects of technical performance, positions, and methods of
The master emphasizes the need to find individual approaches and creative reading of the author's
- To correct the intonation and to get the desired result.
- To diverse the methods of sounding in the high range.
- To change the timbre color in different phrases.
- To keep in mind the composer’s stylistic features and native features.
- To form the virtual image for getting the right feeling of the music.
- To use vibrato in the high range with different fillings.