""You have to build up to a crescendo without making a physical effort, or tightening your lips”, “Smooth means easy"." Jacques Mauger
The main task in this master class is to achieve ease of performance at fast tempos. This masterly
piece was written for a professional trombonist and has a very high level of difficulty. The master
helps to achieve prolonged continuous breathing for the smooth performance of long passages.
Much attention is paid to inner relaxation and calm when performing the difficult parts of the piece. The
techniques for increasing the relief of musical intonations are considered. The master highlights the
influence of elaborate techniques for specific articulations. The importance of following the
composer's instructions is emphasized, especially in the indications of positions and tempos. Also,
attention is drawn to the synchronicity of the interaction with the piano. The range of applications
related to the technique of tongue and mute is expanding.
- How to prepare the high difficulty level piece for performance.
- How to get less breathing when playing much longer passages.
- How to get more ease and smoothness when playing.
- How to analyze and use the right position to get much relief in melody.
- To improve the mute performance technically.