""You need to get out of that introverted side we all have”. “You can play a fairly fast tempo and keep the expressive side"." Jacques Mauger
The work on Zygmunt Stojowski's "Fantasy" concentrates on several important
performing points. The high complexity of the piece requires a high concentration on the technical
and psychological side of the interpretation. The master helps to reveal the inner potential of the
player through the release of the performing apparatus and by removing some psychological barriers
in performing the difficulties of the score.
Much attention is paid to the coordination of breathing and the activity of the embouchure during the
sound production. The need for an intensive and tight interaction between the soloist and the piano is
The master helps the performer to find individual differences and strengths and to emphasize them in
the concert or competitive performances. Also, the attention is focused on the unity of the external
emotional expression and the content of the music, on the greater extroversion of the musician
concerning the audience.
- How to prepare the high difficulty level piece for performance.
- To get the individual difference in performance.
- How to concentrate on each note, control the embouchure, the air, the articulation.
- Being clear about the tempo is not because it's slower but more expressive.
- It’s important to think about the present playing and not about what's going to happen.