"If you have that kind of underlying harmony through the whole piece, it will help you so much to be calm and safe also in terms of intonation." Isabel Charisius
The works of Johann Sebastian Bach are among the most difficult to perform due to their versatility
and multi-layering. The intonation-semantic loads require a very professional approach to its
interpretation and sound implementation. In this master class, both purely technical aspects of sound
production and performing expressiveness are considered, as well as the need to carefully study the
entire structure of the musical texture, melodic transformations, semantic and symbolic parallels in
music. Following them, there is a search for those performing techniques that are most accurately
capable of expressing the features of that musical epoch and the content of the composer's message.
- To certain the goals of performance and the feel to be emitted on public
- To be in creative tense along with the performance
- To check the relevant instrumental intonation with the singing of it
- To learn about the composer, his period, and interests in diving into the music sense
- To strive not only to play notes but to live within music
- To be beyond the audible music, to understand the composer’s idea.