"There are two things to think about. The one is where to put the angle of your arm." Isabel Charisius
Alessandro Rolla's work “Adagio e tema con variazioni” is often performed by violists in competitions, since it is rather difficult to perform. This master class examines several difficult points of the piece and discusses finding certain solutions to them. The focus of the master is the use of vibrato in various conditions. Tempo restrictions for vibrato are also considered in conjunction with the ability to change the timbre when played with the upper or lower end of the bow.
The technique of an inaudible shift of the bow at different tempos is considered. The necessity of forming the principles of performing technique within the limits of a certain style and reliance on the intonation and harmony of the work is indicated.
- To control the moment of vibrato
- To correlate the sound quality with the tempo
- To change the method of sounding with high and low parts of the bow
- To make the shifts inaudible and prepared
- To relax the elbow and arm muscles in passages.