"We need a change of color here and we really know that there is a change of tempo." Jacques Mauger
The piece played in this lesson, Fantasy by Zygmunt Stojewski, has a high technical level.
The master concentrates on the interpretation of this music and choosing the musical expressive
features for appropriate sound image.
The stylistic features of the composer's writing are compared with the general romantic features of
the style. The master says that expressive performance can be achieved at a fast tempo, not only in a
Emphasis is placed on expressive articulation and accurate intonation. The process of finding the
sound color is accompanied by the search for techniques in sound production. The master points the
ratio and connection of the sound timbre and tempo’s performance of the piece.
- To make a good interpretation of music within a certain style.
- To intensify the expression flexibility and to highlight the nuances.
- To manage the vibrato in a certain range.
- To guide the intonation and to produce sound accordingly.
- To make sound more “straight and aggressive”.